Join the team that's revolutionizing application performance.
This is an ideal opportunity for those looking to break into SAAS sales!
Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are often the first interaction someone has with our company which is why the role is critical to the continued growth of Instana. The main objective of an SDR is to qualify and move leads into the sales funnel by setting up demos for our Account Executives and Solutions Architects.
The SDR role is an entry level role into the Instana sales organization and a great opportunity to advance your sales career. We are seeking intelligent, driven and high character people to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and drive qualified leads forward into of the sales process from the Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) stage through to the Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) stage.
- Become a champion at using our sales stack including HubSpot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach, Nudge and other SDR tools
- Adopt our best practices for sales development (inbound/outbound)
- Follow up on MQLs and convert them into SQLs
- Coordinate first meetings with Account Executives
- Achieve weekly/monthly/quarterly goals
As an SDR you will be developing and progressing leads by two means; “inbound” and “outbound” lead generation. Inbound leads are contacts that have engaged with us through marketing activities such as requesting a demo/trial, downloading an eBook, or attending a webinar etc. Outbound means that we initiate the first touch point with buyer personas and ideal customer profiles (ICP) that have never engaged with Instana before.
Successful candidates will have:
- A strong sales aptitude and fundamental understanding of the sales process.
- Adeptness at follow up and ability to convert soft marketing leads into solid sales leads (MQLs to SQLs).
- A sound tech-savvy, business acumen and the ability to articulate a compelling value proposition in a complex and evolving business environment.
- A knack for identifying and understanding customer pain then presenting Instana solutions which cure that pain.
- Demonstrated strong skills in qualifying prospects.
- Ability to effectively utilize CRM and other sales automation tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with senior level executives
- No trepidation about speaking live with prospects.
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment with an ever-evolving product.
- Passion and desire to work in a startup culture and directly impacting the growth of the company
- Drive to meet and beat quotas.
- The right mindset and capability for successfully working remotely and maintaining a collaborative close-knit relationship with other Instana team members.