INSTANA is hiring a full-time HR Generalist to assist with the execution of people-related responsibilities and initiatives across the full employee lifecycle of our global team. This individual must be experienced, highly detail-oriented, a quick learner and comfortable working across time zones and regions. He/she should be skilled at building and maintaining relationships both in-person and virtually. This role will report to the Director of Global Human Resources.
Responsibilities, inclusive but not limited to:
- Help define and execute HR operating procedures across the employment lifecycle, including talent management, employee relations, benefits administration, employee change transactions, document control and other HR administrative tasks
- Serve as first point of contact for employees and managers, researching and responding to inquiries related to benefits, payroll and other HR matters
- Create, update, and archive employment documentation, maintaining compliance with applicable local regulations in North America and EMEA
- Provide support for the recruitment and selection process
- Execute employee onboarding and offboarding activities, including pre-employment screening checks, systems setup and benefits enrollment support
- Serve as a SME on HR-related systems and processes, providing employees and managers with training and support as needed
- Interpret, provide guidance and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements including time off and leave policies and procedures for employees
- Contribute to the development and execution of communications and culture efforts as part of an employee-experience strategy that supports achievement of our business goals
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience, with experience supporting a global team highly desired
- 2+ years of experience in start-up and/or multi-location companies
- Professional HR Certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of labor laws and regulations, with experience supporting EMEA preferred
- Able to work independently, using good judgement
- Solutions-oriented and able to deliver effective results within tight deadlines
- Works in an organized manner and pays attention to detail
- Ability to quickly absorb information about our organization and industry and incorporate into value-added recommendations
Who we are:
As the leading provider of Application Performance Management solutions for containerized microservice applications, Instana applies automation and artificial intelligence to deliver the visibility needed to effectively manage the performance of today’s dynamic applications across the DevOps lifecycle. Founded by Application Monitoring veterans, Instana provides true AI-powered APM to help organizations deliver high performance applications today and in the future. Visit us at https://www.instana.com to learn more.
We promote a healthy work-life balance and acknowledge the contribution each employee makes to our success. We offer a dynamic, quickly growing workspace based on trust, transparency and quality. Our team consists of high performing experts and spreads from Silicon Valley to Japan covering North America and Europe. We support the right mindset and capability for successfully working remotely and maintaining a collaborative close-knit relationship with other Instana team members.
Instana is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.